The Burlington Skate Park is located on Lake Street, just north of Waterfront Park. This facility, for skateboarders, bikers and in-line skaters offers rails and ramps, boxes, a half bowl and half pipe. Adjoining the park to the north is a lighted in-line hockey rink which is flooded in the winter for ice skating. Parking, vending machines, picnic tables, bleachers and restroom facilities are available at the site. The Skate Park is free and open seven days a week April through October. Operation of the Skate Park is weather dependent - the Department may not open the park due to inclement weather.
Monday-Saturday, the hours are:
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in April
- 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. in May
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in June
- 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. in July
- 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. in August
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in September
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in October
Every Sunday, the park closes at 6 p.m.
Every Saturday from 10am-1pm usage of the Skate Park is limited to those ages 12 and under.